- Introduction to DevOps Principles
- Significance of Collaboration in DevOps
- Streamlining Software Delivery Processes
- Building a Vocabulary for Effective Communication
- Industry-Standard DevOps Terminologies
- Enhancing Corporate Collaboration Through Terminology
- Core Infrastructure Concepts
- Modern Data Center Architectures
- Bridging Traditional and Contemporary Infrastructures
- Traditional Virtualization Techniques
- Hands-On Experience with Virtualbox Administration
- Resource Optimization Strategies
- Fundamental Cloud Computing Concepts
- Comparing Cloud and Traditional Data Centers
- Preparing for a Cloud-Driven World
- Exploring Modern Application Design Principles
- Deep Dive into the 12 Factor App Methodology
- Mastering the Art of Microservices Architecture
- Containerization Fundamentals
- Hands-On Docker Implementation
- Docker Use Cases in DevOps
- Introduction to Container Orchestration
- Practical Kubernetes Deployments
- Kubernetes Use Cases in DevOps
- Understanding Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- Hands-On Terraform Implementations
- Terraform Use Cases in DevOps
- Infrastructure Configuration as Code with Ansible
- Practical Ansible Playbook Development
- Ansible Use Cases in DevOps
- Infrastructure Configuration Automation with Chef
- Hands-On Chef Cookbook Development
- Chef Use Cases in DevOps
- Infrastructure Configuration with Puppet
- Practical Puppet Manifest Development
- Puppet Use Cases in DevOps
- Understanding Git and GitHub
- Collaborative Workflows with Git
- Source Code Management in DevOps
- Introduction to Jenkins and CI/CD
- Building Jenkins Pipelines
- Jenkins in DevOps Continuous Integration
- Cloud DevOps with Amazon Web Services
- AWS DevOps Tools and Services
- Practical AWS DevOps Use Cases
- Cloud DevOps with Microsoft Azure
- Azure DevOps Services and Solutions
- Practical Azure DevOps Use Cases
- Agile and DevOps Alignment
- Managing DevOps Teams and Projects
- DevOps Metrics and Performance Monitoring
- Building a DevOps Culture
- Leading DevOps Transformation Initiatives
- DevOps Adoption and Challenges
- Implementing DevOps Best Practices
- DevOps Security and Compliance
- Continuous Improvement in DevOps
- Analyzing Successful DevOps Implementations
- Learning from DevOps Failures
- Applying DevOps Lessons to Your Organization
- Choosing the Right DevOps Tools
- Evaluating DevOps Toolchains
- Building a Customized DevOps Toolset
Step 1: Project Introduction and Scope Definition
Participants will kick off the final module by delving into a comprehensive understanding of the project’s goals and scope. This includes gaining insights into the real-world scenario that the project seeks to address. The case study revolves around a fictional e-commerce platform aiming to enhance its deployment process and overall system reliability through the implementation of a robust DevOps workflow.
Step 2: Infrastructure as Code with Terraform and Vagrant
In this phase, participants will architect the project’s infrastructure using Terraform and Vagrant. They will design and provision the required resources, creating a scalable and dynamic environment that mirrors the production setup. This hands-on experience will solidify their grasp of Infrastructure as Code principles and tools.
Step 3: Containerization and Orchestration with Amazon EKS
Next, participants will dive into containerization and orchestration using Amazon EKS (Elastic Kubernetes Service). They will containerize the e-commerce application, define Kubernetes manifests, and deploy microservices. This step empowers participants to grasp the intricacies of containerized deployments and gain proficiency in managing containerized applications at scale.
Step 4: Configuration Management with Chef
With the infrastructure and containers in place, participants will shift their focus to configuration management using Chef. They will define and manage the desired state of the infrastructure, ensuring consistency and adherence to best practices. Through hands-on exercises, participants will master Chef’s capabilities in automating configuration tasks.
Step 5: Version Control and Continuous Integration with GitHub and GitHub Actions
Participants will learn the power of version control and continuous integration by utilizing GitHub and GitHub Actions. They will set up automated workflows for code integration, automated testing, and deployment. Real-time feedback and monitoring will become integral aspects of their DevOps pipeline.
Step 6: Continuous Deployment and Release Management with Azure DevOps
In the final stages, participants will implement continuous deployment and release management using Azure DevOps. They will create pipelines that automate the deployment of changes from GitHub to the Amazon EKS environment. This step encapsulates the entire DevOps lifecycle, from code commits to production deployment.
Real-World Case Study: Enhancing E-commerce Deployment
Imagine a thriving e-commerce platform that frequently faces deployment challenges, leading to downtime and customer dissatisfaction. Participants step into the shoes of DevOps practitioners tasked with revolutionizing this scenario. By applying Vagrant, Terraform, Amazon EKS, Chef, GitHub, GitHub Actions, and Azure DevOps, they create an end-to-end DevOps workflow.
Starting with infrastructure provisioning using Terraform and Vagrant, they establish a scalable environment. Containers are embraced through Amazon EKS, ensuring seamless deployment and scaling of microservices. Chef takes the reins of configuration management, maintaining consistency across the environment.
GitHub and GitHub Actions streamline version control and continuous integration, empowering the team to collaborate effectively. Finally, Azure DevOps orchestrates the continuous deployment process, enabling the platform to release updates confidently, significantly reducing downtime and enhancing customer experience.
This immersive real-world project equips participants with invaluable skills, as they tackle challenges mirroring those faced by industry experts. Upon completion, they emerge as seasoned DevOps professionals, capable of designing and executing end-to-end DevOps workflows that drive business success.